tree-pirate.jpg

 I actually finished on Monday and have been enjoying it for the past few days of inclement weather.  This was my first hat and my first attempt at stranded knitting.  I think it came out pretty good and it fits me perfectly!  I do wish I’d made the lining a little longer so that it wouldn’t sit on my forehead.   I used Jo Sharp, 100% wool, DK weight, in Scarlet and Owl on US 5s and lined it with Plymouth Wildflower DK cotton and acrylic blend in black on US 3s.

I ran into problems when I pulled out the provisional CO and added my lining yarn.  I did it on the WS which created a stupid, pain in the backside lovely purl ridge that, after an inch or so of lining was completed, I decided would create a problem in the way the hat lays so I had to rip it out and start the lining over.  But I’m glad I did. 

Now I’m ready for another.   I’m thinking blue on brown.