I’ve finished my second hat (the first one predates this KAL, but photos are here), this one for my brother. There’s definitely some extra roominess at the top, but I like the way it looks, and I’m planning to test it out tomorrow on the way to work. Just in case it doesn’t fulfill the normal hat functions, I’d rather find out before I give it away.
Here’s a photo of the inside of the hat, part of the lettering (our last name) is visible:
I can’t tell you how tempted I was to knit “Capt. Jerk Face” into the lining. Maybe next time, maybe next time. I used the Celtic Cross Stitch chart generator to chart the letters. The word goes almost all the way around, which is fine since I only had 7 letters, but if I do put “Capt. Jerk Face” in a hat I might have some space issues.