The drive from Florida to Kentucky to New York proved to be a good time for knitting. I started and completed the We Call Them Pirates hat.

Yarn: Lamb’s Pride Worsted (85% wool/15% Mohair) in Clematis (M-56) and Creme (M-10) – yarn that has been in my stash for quite some time
Gauge: Not sure, I didn’t do a swatch, but it turned out just right
Needles: US 4 for the outer layer and US 3 for the inside layer
Time: Started 1/22/07, Completed 1/26/07
Notes: I think I’m going to block it and tack down the inside a little better. I think the pattern turned out well, but I would make some adjustments to the chart if I did it again. I think it’s hard to see the cross bones in person (they look okay in the photos!) with the little extra patterning in the chart. I know this would make some of the floats in the back quite a bit longer, but I think it would be easier to see the cross bones.

On with the photos!

Close up of the pattern/stitches:

On me:

(For more photos CLICK HERE.)

I’m considering knitting another one with a different yarn, but not until a few more projects get completed :o)